This is the ReNU Niagara office talk page.

For updates on what's going on with ReNU projects, programs, and people, check in here!

Friday, August 24, 2012

Meet the Staff: Dennis


This week, get to know a little bit about Dennis, Vacant Lot Coordinator here are ReNU Niagara.  Dennis is a Niagara Falls native and an AmeriCorps ServiceCorps here this year.  


What is your favorite vegetable?
Corn, green beans, and Chinese stir fry

What is your favorite saying/quote/phrase?
In medeo stat vertus—latin, English-in the middle stands virtue

Name something healthy you did this week.
Rode my bike around the city. Cycling saves gas and creates less pollution.

Say something about your favorite pet.
Dogs are man’s best friend.

How many people in your family?
I have one brother in Columbus, Ohio who is two years older. My mom resides in Lewiston.

What is your favorite childhood past time?
Electronics

What is your favorite vacation/vacation spot?
When I was in kindergarten my mom’s folks moved to Naples, FL.  I remember lots of summers driving 4 days to south Florida.

What is someplace you’ve always wanted to visit but haven’t yet?
Ireland and Rome

Do you have a mentor/someone you look up to? What do you admire about them?
My scoutmaster/venture leader.  He is a true family man and role model. 

1What was your first job? Good? Bad? Ugly?
My first job was being a camp counselor in Michigan.  My first paying job was changing tires at Montgomery Ward.

What is your favorite thing about where you grew up?
“My town holds one of the natural wonders of the world”

 What is your biggest pet peeve?
Computer software w/o manuals.

What is your favorite board game?
Scrabble or chess.

1What sitcom character reminds you of yourself?
Kramer

What is your favorite month?
I like them all, just not the cold

Do you have any phobias/fears?
Stopped doing roller coasters about 35 years ago

What is your earliest family car?
Pontiac silver streak

Do you side with a political party?
Independent

 How old do you hope to live to be?
107

What is your favorite TV show of all time?
Seinfeld

When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
An inventor. I was interviewed in the 8th grade for the paper. Talked all about Edison.

No comments:

Post a Comment